Stanley Park in Westfield, MA
Saturday, September 20, 2014
| WALK DAY INFO |
It is time to lace up your sneakers and Walk Now for Autism Speaks Western New England! After many months of planning it is finally time for the Western New England Walk Now for Autism Speaks.
We can’t wait to see you!
• Saturday, September 20th
• Stanley Park - 400 Western Avenue, Westfield, MA
• For detailed directions to the park, please visit their page: http://stanleypark.org/content/directions
• Registration begins at 9:30 am and the stage ceremony will start promptly at 10:30 am
Parking: Parking is plentiful and will be free of charge. Please follow the parking attendants to the designated parking area. There will also be ample handicap parking for those with the appropriate tag.
Site Map : Please note a slightly new layout this year. Map is online: http://bit.ly/1wqpNQZ
The Walk Route : The walk is 1 mile in length, and takes place throughout the beautiful grounds of Stanley Park. The entire route is handicap accessible, so we encourage you to bring strollers, wagons, etc. for your children. Please leave bicycles, skate boards and scooters at home.
Team Spirit: Balloons, banners, signs, or anything else that you may have to show your team spirit are strongly encouraged. Feel free to bring pop-up tents, folding chairs and any other items you may want to “tailgate” with. Please remember: no open flames or grills. We’ll have an area designated for teams to set up your base camp!
Pets: We must insist that you refrain from bringing pets to this event as many of our kids may have difficulty with unfamiliar animals.
Turning in Donations on Walk Day: Please be sure to bring your Walk Day envelope if you have not already sent in your donations. If you do not have an envelope, one will be provided for you at registration. Please make sure your walkers have filled out their envelopes completely, as this will “speed things up” at registration!
Fun Features : Our Walk Committee has done an extraordinary job of putting together a wonderful day for all Walkers. You'll enjoy snacks donated by Frito Lay and Walgreens. There will be great music from DJ Andrew, as well as our Resource Fair with more participating organizations than ever. NEW for 2014 – New York Life Insurance is offering their very useful Child ID Kit service free of charge to our community. In addition to team photos, we'll have a Photo Booth to help make memories!
For the Kids: We are so excited about visiting and getting photos taken with Superheroes! Our Kids Korner (sponsored by Babson Capital) will offer a bounce house, mobile arcade, sensory activities, face-painting, craft projects - and this year we are thrilled to welcome Home Depot, who are supplying activity kits for any child who wants to try their hand at building something! We will also make use of the lovely playground at Stanley Park, which is available to our families to use if anyone needs to burn off some energy.
T-Shirts & Grand Club: At the registration tent, an individual who raises $150 or more (not your team total or fundraising dollars combined; I.E. if an individual raises $300 or more they do not get 2 or more t-shirt tickets) will receive a ticket to redeem at the t-shirt tent.
At the registration tent, an individual who raises $1,000 or more (not your team combined, or fundraising dollars combined) will receive a VIP wrist band for you and 1 guest of your choice to show at the Grand Club tent for special food, place to sit/relax, your 2014 Grand Club pin and an Autism Speaks bag of goodies! Please note – only 1 pin and goodie bag is given to the Grand Club member, not guest. Please note these rewards apply ONLY to eligible, individual fundraisers
Other important notes:
• We will be selling Autism Speaks merchandise - great new items and items only available at our Walk events. Please come prepared with cash, check or credit card for these items.
• Porta-potties will be available for use on Walk day and will be clearly labeled, including accessible toilets.
• We ask that if someone in your party has a dietary restriction, please bring something to eat for them. We can’t guarantee that the snacks we have available will suit the needs of everyone.
• There will be volunteers and police officers making sure that everyone who participates in the Walk is safe and secure, but we would also ask each adult to help us ensure the safety of all children and individuals who may need additional supervision. Please do not leave children alone at any of the areas, including the inflatable and Kids Korner area. If you have any additional safety concerns please call the Autism Speaks New England Chapter office at 617.726.1515 and we will be happy to address them.
• Please remember this event takes place - rain or shine. So if we have rain on Walk day be sure to come prepared. We are hearty New Englanders – we can take a little wind & mist!
• Complimentary team photography will be available, courtesy of Becca & Kat's Photography and you can bring your own camera as well. Please check back to our Facebook page to see photos a couple weeks after the walk!
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
Carando Ham/John Morell Food Group
AND TO OUR COMMUNITY SUPPORTERS
WWLP 22 News
The Westfield News Group
Becca & Kat's Photography
Dunkin' Donuts/Sardinha family
Frosted Owl Cupcakes
DJ Andrew Maxwell